There are several signs that your brakes may be malfunctioning. If you notice any of these signs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call right away to ensure that your car can be driven safely. It’s never worth ignoring possible brake issues.
- Screeching Sounds: Generally, these sounds indicate that your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced. It’s important that this is done quickly, as worn down brake pads will only get worse, which can cause damage to other components of your vehicle.
- Vibrations When Braking: Vibrations in the brake pedal or steering wheel can often occur because of brake issues, especially if there is something wrong with the alignment of the rotor.
- Burning Smells: Bad odors that emerge when you use your vehicle are never good. Overheating brakes can happen if you are overusing your brakes or something is misaligned. This could mean a variety of things are wrong, and you should have your brake system looked at right away.
- Pressure Fluctuations: Whether your pedal is feeling softer or harder, such changes in pressure often means that something is wrong with the hydraulic system, including issues with the master cylinder. This type of issue can be very dangerous and should be checked as soon as possible.
- Brake Light Indicator: Lots of vehicles today have a brake light indicator that turns on when the system recognizes something is wrong. When this happens, it’s a good idea to have the system looked at.
As part of our free brake inspections, we will conduct a visual check on the brake system, inspect the undercarriage, check brake fluids, and take a look at the various brake components. If your brakes are worn or damaged, we can handle the brake repair, sending you back on the road safely.
No matter your brake issue, the team at South Ogden Master Muffler can help you identify it and fix it. We pride ourselves on reliability, efficiency, and customer service. Give us a call for a brake inspection or brake repair today!